Our client located in Northwest Indiana is seeking a dentist to join their FQHC dental clinic. This is an opportunity to work alongside and provide supervision to Dental Hygienists and Assistants as delegated by the Chief Dental Officer. The ideal candidate enjoys both routine and emergency dental services, including restorative procedures and minor oral surgeries.
Responsibilities of the Dentist:
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, perform regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
Minimum Requirements of the Dentist:
- Indiana License or ability to obtain
- DDS or DMD
- 1 year of experience in not-for-profit environment preferred
- Complete benefit plan
- PTO and retirement plans