Our client in the Greater Atlanta Metro area is seeking a Dosimetrist to join their staff. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the area’s premier healthcare systems, and one of the top employers in the state of Georgia. The ideal candidate has one year of experience and is certified as a Medical Dosimetrist.
Responsibilities of the Dosimetrist:
- Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images from one or more data sets.
- Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI and PET.
- Create and transfer reference images and localization markers for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs, CBCTs and other IGRT methods, as specified.
- Perform simulations and tumor localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI, and PET.
- Plans and implements the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
- Produces molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Communicate with the radiation therapist(s) and assume an advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment or imaging parameters.
- Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record, and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations by an approved method.
Requirements for the Dosimetrist:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited medical dosimetry program and three years of progressively responsible dosimetry experience or an equivalent combination of medical physics education and experience required.
- Certification as a Medical Dosimetrist issued by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) is required.
Benefits for the Dosimetrist:
- Relocation Assistance Possible
- Shift Differential (when applicable)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Education Benefits
- Excellent Retirement Plan Benefits
Interested in this opportunity? Respond with an updated resume that includes a valid contact phone and email address for next steps.