An Environmental Health Department Manager is needed for a coastal and remote Alaska health system, not too far from Anchorage. This position most likely will require relocation (relocation assistance is provided with a competitive salary). A Bachelor's Degree or higher is required as well as being a Registered Environmental Health Specialist. Prior acute care hospital experience is a necessity.
Position: Environmental Health Department Manager
Purpose of the Job:
Plans, develops, administers, and evaluates programs designed to promote Environmental Health through the science and practice of preventing human injury and illness by identifying and evaluating environmental sources and hazardous agents and limiting exposures to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents in air, water, soil, food, and other environmental media or settings that may adversely affect human health.
1. Bachelor's or higher degree with the major study in Environmental Health or relating to biological science, or engineering.
2. Supervisory and grant administration work experience is required.
3. Registered Environmental Health Specialist required (either National or State).
1. Plans and directs EH, Remote Maintenance Worker, and Injury Prevention Programs.
2. Oversees the implementation of Environmental Health programs directed at Village Environmental Health encompassing Water, Wastewater, and Solid Waste Systems and Facilities, Air Quality, etc.
3. Oversees the implementation of RMW program directed at community water and wastewater operations and maintenance.
4. Oversees the implementation of the Injury Prevention Program.
5. Manages long term Environmental Remediation projects.
6. Advises Support Services Division Manager and Environmental Health and Engineering Branch personnel on all matters relating to environmental health conditions and develop program plans.
7. Develop, track, and monitor the department's budget.
If interested in this opportunity, please submit a copy of your resume.