SHARE THIS JOB
Our client in the Boston area is seeking Histology Specialists to join their staff. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the area’s premier healthcare systems, and one of the top employers in the state of Massachusetts. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience and is ASCP certified as an HT or HTL. Sign-on Bonus offered!
Responsibilities of the Histology Specialist:
- Under very general supervision, handles and prepares surgical and autopsy tissue for microscopic analysis.
- Maintains diagnostic viability of all specimens received and interprets results of special studies. Embeds, sections, and stains a wide variety of routine and complex tissue.
- Performs routine and complex special stains, coverslips slides, and accurately labels slides and blocks.
- Responsible for sign-out of slides and filing of blocks.
- Records work in laboratory logbooks and in-hospital computers with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and working solutions for stains.
Requirements for the Histology Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited medical laboratory sciences program
- ASCP Certification
- Must be comfortable in a busy, challenging, clinical laboratory environment
Benefits for the Histology Specialist:
- Relocation Assistance Possible
- Shift Differential (when applicable)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Excellent Retirement Plan Benefits
Interested in this opportunity? Respond with an updated resume that includes a valid contact phone and email address for the next steps.