Our client in western Massachusetts is seeking an experienced Histotech to join their growing laboratory team. Enjoy a full-time permanent opportunity that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Day shift and the client is offering a sign-on/relocation assistance for the right provider. Histotech must be certified through the ASCP (HT/HTL). Client will move fast.
Responsibilities of the Histotech (HT/HTL):
- Determines appropriate handling and tissue processing for specimens, and priorities on requested procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate equipment with precision for all histological protocols.
- Performs complex staining techniques and demonstrates competency with immunohistochemical procedures to include in situ hybridization reactions.
- Performs computer data entry, recall, and labeling on complex pathology network (LIS).
- Performs routine preventative maintenance, cleaning, and minor adjustments on all lab equipment.
- Prepares and examine solutions for contamination, impurities, or instability.
- Follows procedures on all lab tests.
Minimum Requirements for the Histotech (HT/HTL) position:
- One year of experience as an HT/HTL
- Certified through the ASCP
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a biological or related science
For more information on this Histotech position, please apply with an up-to-date resume.