Our client in the Boston area is seeking a Laboratory Coordinator to join their staff. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the area’s premier healthcare systems, and one of the top employers in the state of Massachusetts. The Laboratory Coordinator will provide technical, administrative, and instructional support for all laboratory activities in the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) Training Program and will work under the supervision of the MLS Program Director. Sign-on Bonus offered!
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Coordinator:
- Preparation of student laboratory experiments and exercises, including the setup and break down of all lab materials, test kits, and equipment
- Preparation and maintenance of culture media, stock cultures, reagents, and chemical solutions
- Ordering reagents, media, kits, consumables, and equipment
- Maintain and manage inventory to ensure an adequate supply of reagents, equipment, and consumables to ensure proper execution of teaching laboratories
- Maintenance of teaching slide collection
- Function as the laboratory safety officer (LSO) by overseeing and enforcing environmental, health, and safety-related matters in a laboratory
- Assist with safety and compliance inspections and serve as a local resource for safety issues in the laboratory
Requirements for the Laboratory Coordinator:
- The Program Coordinator must be a medical laboratory professional who:
- Has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Holds MLS or MLT ASCP certification.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Generalist or work experience in more than one laboratory discipline preferred.
- Experience working in an MLT or MLS training program preferred.
Benefits for the Laboratory Coordinator:
- Relocation Assistance Possible
- Shift Differential (when applicable)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Excellent Retirement Plan Benefits
Interested in this opportunity? Respond with an updated resume that includes a valid contact phone and email address for the next steps.