Currently looking for an experienced LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse to fill a permanent opening in the desirable the desirable Houston, Texas area. Interested candidates should have recent Assisted Living/SNF/Memory Care nursing experience with a love for their job and knows the patients are like family.
This is a full-time AM shift.
Client is setting up interviews now!
Responsibilities of the LVN
- Demonstrated competency in performance of skilled nursing functions. Ability to work with dying patients and their families. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team.
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Hospice Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse – Field provides skilled nursing and palliative care for assigned hospice patients. He/she works cooperatively with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Hospice Team.
- The Hospice LVN provides intermittent visits or shifts of skilled nursing care, performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, provides nursing observations, provides teaching regarding the expected course of the disease, care techniques and other health measures to the patient, family or other primary care giver, and participates in the care plan development and implementation
Requirements of the LVN
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; current state nursing license; evidence of training in CPR
- End of Life Nursing Education Program (ELNEC) – to include all 8 modules must be completed within 18 months of employment.
- Current license within the State. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Vocational or Practical Nursing preferred.
For more information on this permanent Licensed Vocational Nurse position or other roles nationwide, please send us your updated resume for review.