Hempstead, New York
Our client near Long Island, NY is seeking a full-time permanent Molecular Clinical Lab Technologist to join their growing Molecular Infectious Disease Department. Interested candidates must have a minimum of one year of experience in a CLIA laboratory and have a NYSDE license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or higher).
Responsibilities of the Molecular Clinical Lab Technologist:
- Performs lab procedures of moderate and high complexity in accordance with standards set forth in sectional laboratory procedures.
- Prepare samples by pipetting and aliquoting biological specimens and prepare extraction and PCR experiments.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities. Operates laboratory instruments and performs routine maintenance & procedural calibrations. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and documents all lab instrument and/or reagent problems.
- Maintains the laboratory area in a clean and orderly manner. Follows written lab procedures for the correct handling and processing of specimens.
Requirements of the Molecular Clinical Lab Technologist:
- One year of experience in a CLIA laboratory
- NYSDE license as a Clinical Lab Technologist
- Associate of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Related Life Science (or higher) preferred
Benefits for the Molecular Clinical Lab Technologist Position:
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Differential
- Full Benefits
For more information on this Molecular/PCR role, please apply with your most up to date resume! If this is not something of interest, but another area is, let us know as we work nationwide for only permanent positions.