Santa Rosa, New Mexico
Our client located in near Clovis, New Mexico is seeking a Physician Assistant to join their Neurosurgery team. Enjoy a full-time permanent placement role that offers a great schedule, excellent compensation and full benefits!
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
Responsibilities of the Neurosurgery PA role:
- Assists Physicians during general surgeries. Post operatively rounds on patients and manages patient care in the office setting
- Serves as Floor PA to start patient rounds and visit and manage patients.
- Prepares post op patient for discharge (prescriptions, , teaching, post surgical teaching) and dictates discharge summaries.
- Checks all outstanding labs on in house patients.
- Responsible for seeing post op patients in office.
- Responsible for seeing pre op patients in office and ensuring H&P's, data sheets, pre op orders & labs completed.
- Ability to interpret MRI, CT & other imaging and accurately convey information on patients to physicians.
- Serves as On call PA to check out with on call surgeon at end of day.
- Serves as Weekend call NP/PA to meet with on call surgeon at designated location.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness programs
- Vacation Time
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing Medical Education Allowance
For more information on the Neurosurgery Physician Assistant role, please apply.