Our client in the Boston area is seeking a Senior Cytotechnologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the area’s premier healthcare systems, and one of the top employers in the state of Massachusetts. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of full-time field experience and is ASCP certified. This is a Day Shift position.
Responsibilities of the Senior Cytotechnologist:
- Conducts a systematic, conscientious, and thorough examination of cytologic samples, including but not limited to, Pap tests, sputa, bronchoscopic specimens, urine & bladder washings, spinal fluids, GI samples, fluids from body cavities, and fine needle aspiration biopsies from numerous body sites
- Responsible for accurate documentation and data entry of cytologic findings; progression and triaging of all cases to the appropriate cytopathologist or cytotechnologist, and documentation of hours worked and slides screened.
- Responsible for fine-needle aspiration (FNA) service coverage, including assisting radiologists and other interventionists at FNA procedures, preparing slides, triaging samples for ancillary testing, and providing rapid adequacy evaluations if a cytopathologist is unavailable.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality control activities, including prospective and retrospective slide reviews.
Requirements for the Senior Cytotechnologist:
- Baccalaureate degree and certificate from an accredited school of cytotechnology.
- ASCP certified or eligible
- At least 3 years of full-time field experience.
Benefits for the Senior Cytotechnologist:
- Relocation Assistance Possible
- Shift Differential (when applicable)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Excellent Retirement Plan Benefits
Interested in this opportunity? Respond with an updated resume that includes a valid contact phone and email address for the next steps.