Our client located in the Olympia, Washington area is seeking a Gastro NP to join their growing team. The ideal provider has one year of experience in gastroenterology as an NP and is already Washington licensed. This is a full-time permanent position that offers competitive compensation and full benefits. Family Nurse Practitioners with an interest in gastroenterology will be considered.
Job Responsibilities of the Gastro NP
- Ensures patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the electronic medical record.
- Conducts in-depth interviews with patients and/or family, constructs comprehensive medical histories, performs initial and periodic physical examinations and explores patient's interpretation of health needs. Identifies and treats patients' diseases.
- Prescribes/ orders medications, therapies, diet, orders and interprets laboratory and imaging studies as well as procedures consistent with clinical privileges.
- Performs patient counseling/ comprehensive teaching, and preparation for GI procedures.
Requirements of the Gastro Nurse Practitioner
- One year of experience as an FNP
- Gastro experience as an RN or NP - preferred
- Current or Eligible to obtain Washington license
For more information on this permanent Nurse Practitioner position or others nationwide, please apply with your updated CV.