Our client located near Springfield, Illinois is in need of full-time Radiology Technologists to join their Diagnostic Imaging team. Interested candidates should have an ARRT with an Associate's degree. This opportunity offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities of Radiology Technologist
- Performs diagnostic medical radiographics on patients of all ages. Performs other tasks related to the daily functions of the radiology department and clinic.
- Completes digital radiographic process according to professional guidelines and professional standards.
- Schedules and coordinates exams, explaining procedures and preparations to patients. Obtains and documents necessary history and symptomology. Critiques technical quality of the digital image.
- Implements and oversees quality control (Q.C.) processes. Makes adjustments to equipment as indicated by Q.C. test results or notifies supervisor that service is required. Performs all Q.C. testing in accordance with regulatory requirements. Maintains documentation of all Q.C. test results and actions taken in accordance with regulatory requirements. Deals directly with physicist support from MMC regarding all aspects of quality control programs.
- Maintains x-ray and other equipment in efficient operating order; performs preventative maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis; contacts outside service for major malfunctions. Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor. Request and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
Requirements of Radiology Technologist
- AART Certified, RT(R)
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school
- Prior experience preferred
If this opportunity is not a fit, or you prefer another location, let us know. We work with facilities nationwide on permanent positions only. For more information on Rad Tech, Sonography Tech, Radiation Therapy Tech, Nuclear Med Tech, Dosimetrist, or Medical Physicist positions nationwide, send your updated resume and contact information.