A permanent dentist is needed in a coastal community in Alaska, not too far from Anchorage. This person would be responsible for the diagnoses, prevention, and treatment of disease, injuries and deformities of the oral cavity and surrounding areas of the head. $225K (depending on experience), $10K relocation assistance, temporary housing, and free healthcare with Blue Cross / Blue Shield!
Qualifications for this Dentist role:
- Graduation from an accredited dental school with a DDS or DDM degree.
- Current license to practice dentistry in the U.S. and must obtain an Alaskan dental license within one year of hire.
- Completion of a general practice residency program is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities for this Dentist position:
- Assumes quality of care for all patients at all times. Adheres to the highest standard of dental practices, ethics and professionalism.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out or directs others to carry out appropriate dental/oral treatment or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health.
- As directed by the Chief Dental Officer, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Assists in the implementation of the Dental Departmental plan through coordination with village health care professionals, through direct patient contact, and interaction with civic/educational/ tribal groups.
- No state income taxes
- 30 PTO days off a year
- No employee contribution for health, dental, and vision
- Over $5K a year in tuition reimbursement
- Incredible 401K plan
All interested candidates should submit their resume for further details regarding this position.