Smithfield, North Carolina
Our client located near Smithfield, North Carolina is seeking a Lab Coordinator. This location is less than 2 hours from North Carolina’s beautiful coast and 5 hours from the oldest mountains in the world. Enjoy the four beautiful seasons with an average of under 3 inches of snowfall each year. There are wonderful schools, including a University. This facility is an active, thriving city that is waiting for you to be part of their team!
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Coordinator:
- Coordinates the work of a major laboratory section, such as Microbiology, Hematology, Chemistry, or Blood Bank
- Oversees daily performance of the diagnostic work of the laboratory, ensuring quality work and adequate staffing within the area of responsibility
- Oversees laboratory quality assurance and quality control, procedure updates, proficiency testing, employee computer functionality, and compliance with accrediting agencies
Requirements of the Laboratory Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or medical science.
- ASCP or AMT certification
- Current CPR/BLS required
- 4 years of experience as a medical laboratory technician or technologist working under a licensed pathologist. (If Associate’s degree, 6 years of experience required)
- Good leadership skills
For more information on this Laboratory Coordinator role, please apply with your most up-to-date resume! If this is not something of interest, but another area is, let us know as we work nationwide for only permanent positions.