SHARE THIS JOB
Currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to fill an opening with a Hospital setting located around the Firwood, Washington area. Interested candidates should have at least 5 years of experience as a medical technologist with emphasis as a generalist, a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience, and be ASCP MT certified.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Manager:
- The Laboratory Manager manages all of the services of the clinical laboratory delivered at KVH consistent with achieving optimal alignment with the vision, mission, and values of the department and the organization
- The Lab Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the clinical laboratory, including department staffing; quality control of lab testing, process, and procedures; proficiency programs; materials management; troubleshooting/problem-solving, and delivery of safe, quality patient care through coordination of interdepartmental services and information flow.
- Departmental budget management including annual charge master review; assuring governmental regulatory compliance, development and implementation of new services/processes, maintenance and/or development of information systems
Requirements of the Laboratory Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology with ASCP or equivalent national certification.
- Current Washington State Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist certification required.
- BLS certification is required within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a medical technologist with emphasis as a generalist required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a Lead/Supervisory/Section Head role with involvement in high-complexity testing required.
- Knowledge of general departmental/hospital operational management, including budget development/administration, policy administration, strategic goal setting, staff evaluation and management, quality care evaluation and management, hospital accreditation, etc. required.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory function/operation and access to resources both administrative and organizational required.
- Experience with updating and reviewing laboratory information systems is required.
Beyond this Hospital setting, Radius Staffing Solutions partners with facilities nationwide for their Rehab needs. Please share your resume for consideration or share this with a colleague who would be interested!