Medical Technologist or MLT must have ASCP certified, be eligible to sit for ASCP certification, and/or have it successfully completed within 6 months of hire or will be terminated.
Our client in beautiful New England is seeking an ASCP Medical Laboratory Technologist/Technician to fill a full-time position. Must be ASCP certified and be able to work a flexible work schedule. Enjoy fresh seafood, whale watching, magnificent beaches, and a lively art scene.
Responsibilities of the Medical Laboratory Technologist/Technicians:
- Medical Technologists perform and evaluate complex laboratory tests in various areas of the clinical laboratory
- This position requires the operation and understanding of complex precision instruments and a variety of automated and electronic equipment.
- Medical Technologists work with minimal supervision and have the necessary background to recognize problems and be proficient in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Collects and processes specimens in accordance with Laboratory policy.
- Performs and reports testing procedures in an accurate manner.
- Performs testing according to department policies with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes deviation from expected results; analyzes and corrects problems.
- Ensures test results correlate with each other and the patient's available LIS history. Understands age-specific normal values.
Requirements of the Medical Laboratory Technologist/Technicians:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s level ASCP certification (e.g. MT, MLS) OR equivalent registration (AMT, HEW) OR application for registration required within 6 months of employment. If relevant education transcripts are not submitted within 6 months of hire, employment will be terminated
- Six (6) months to one year of experience as an MT is preferred but will consider a new graduate.
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency.
- Exposure to infectious blood, urine, and other body fluids
- Work requires frequent standing, walking, and/or occasional lifting or carrying of supplies.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds unassisted.
- Ability to bend, twist, crouch, squat, pull, push, reach, and remain stationary for short periods of time and perform repetitive motions.
- Day and evening shift assignments, as well as the need to be on-call on a rotating basis for evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed to complete job duties.
To be considered for this Medical Technologist position, send your resume in today!