Smithfield, North Carolina
Our client located near Smithfield, North Carolina is seeking an MT/MLT for their night shift position. This location is less than 2 hours from North Carolina’s beautiful coast and 5 hours from the oldest mountains in the world. Enjoy the four beautiful seasons with an average of under 3 inches of snowfall each year. There are wonderful schools, including a University. This facility in an active, thriving city is waiting for you to be part of their team!
Responsibilities of the MT/MLT:
- Perform routine and complex clinical laboratory studies, such as chemical, bacteriological, immunological, and microscopic for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease for patients
- Evaluate Laboratory orders and specimens for appropriateness
- Process specimens according to protocol
- Ensure proper labeling and storage of all specimens
- Evaluate and report patient results, using considerable testing methods to physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff
- Contribute to the maintenance of the laboratory, equipment, and supplies
Requirements of the MT/MLT:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or medical science.
- ASCP or AMT certification
- Basic computer skills
For more information on this Medical Technologist/Technician role, please apply with your most up-to-date resume! If this is not something of interest, but another area is, let us know as we work nationwide for only permanent positions.