A permanent Hospital Pharmacist is needed in a coastal community in Alaska, not too far from Anchorage. Pharmacist will be performing both inpatient and outpatient duties. Amazing student loan repayment! $10K relocation assistance, temporary housing, and free healthcare with Blue Cross / Blue Shield! Top Paying Facility!
Minimum Requirements for the Pharmacist role:
- BS or PharmD.
- Experience in an Inpatient Hospital setting with Pyxis.
- Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA) experience preferred.
- Sterile and non-sterile compounding in accordance with USP standards.
Job Responsibilities for the Pharmacist Position:
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' workflow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals, counseling patients on drug therapies.
For more information on this Pharmacist role or other Pharmacy related positions nationwide, please apply with your most recent CV for consideration.