Our client in western Massachusetts is seeking an Ultrasound Technician to join their growing imaging team. Enjoy a full-time permanent opportunity that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Multiple shifts available and the client is offering a sign-on/relocation assistance for the right candidate. Must be Massachusetts licensed or eligible to obtain. ARRT(S)/RDMS. Client will move fast.
Responsibilities of the Ultrasound Technician:
- Explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients, answering their questions, and providing support.
- Spreading the ultrasound gel on the surface of patients' bodies over the internal area to be imaged.
- Programming and adjusting the scanner for the specific procedure and ensuring the transducer captures images from every angle or section as needed.
- Deciding which still images, or sonograms, to capture and present to the Physician for diagnostic purposes.
- Evaluating the images for quality and interpreting the images to assist the Physicians in diagnosing and treating diseases.
Minimum Requirements for the Ultrasound Tech position:
- ARRT/ARDMS Certified
- Must be proficient in Abdominal, Pelvic, and Obstetrical, dvt studies of arms and legs and obtaining images using portable equipment.
- Must be familiar with sterile technique and set up of sterile trays.
- Ability to function independently and proficiently.
- Must be able to move and lift patients, equipment, and supplies on a regular basis.
- Ability to function in a high stress, work intensive environment.
For more information on this Ultrasound Tech position, please apply with an up-to-date resume.