Our client in beautiful New England is seeking an ARDMS Ultrasound Technologist to fill a full-time position. Must be ARDMS registered and be able to work a flexible work schedule. Enjoy fresh seafood, whale watching, magnificent beaches, and a lively art scene.
Responsibilities of the Ultrasound Technologist:
- Conducts scanning process using ultrasound equipment; moves the transducer over specified body area, adjusting equipment to produce an optimum image; records digital images as directed for radiologist interpretation.
- QCs images and ensures that images are transferred to PACS and available for radiologist interpretation.
- Assembles all necessary information and diagnostic images for Radiologist-exam completed in the RIS, NOTES, and report impression as applicable.
- Assists physician in such procedures as interventional procedures, etc.; scans patient, marks patient's body, determines the angle for puncture while maintaining sterile technique.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism at all times.
- Actively supports Mission, Vision Values, and departmental initiatives.
- Maintains a clean and neat working area (i.e. clean laundry bags, counters, cabinets, machines, etc.).
- Ensures cleanliness of all probes, including appropriate high-level disinfectant techniques for endocavity probes.
Requirements of the Ultrasound Technologist:
- Certificate of successful completion of a DMS program.
- Completion of clinical experience required.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) certified by ARDMS.
- Minimum 2 years of ultrasound experience in a hospital-based ultrasound environment OR a current unregistered ultrasound tech employee that has successfully achieved their RDMS.
- CPR certification.
- The regular workweek in which additional hours are often required
- The flexibility of work schedule (i.e. hours/ days)
- The position requires frequent on-call work
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency
- Must be available to work overtime as needed to complete all job duties.
To be considered for this Radiology Technologist position, send your resume in today!